Monday, June 22, 2009

Visit to LaPryor




While on vacation last week, I made a side trip to La Pryor, TX, in Zavala county. This is the small community in South Texas where great grand papa, William Wayne Thompson brought his family right after World War I.
I was able to visit his grave site and take pictures of his gravestone. He is buried at Sunset Hills Cemetery...how it got the name, Sunset Hills is beyond my comprehension...the cemetery is right in the middle of flat farming land...very dry and hot!
Will write more later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this does look kind of unfriendly and desolate! Yikes! It almost looks desert-like from these photos. If this is farming land, they must use a lot of irrigation. I'm so glad you got to make this stop though. This will help you scrap his complete life, from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete